Re: configuring xf4, was Re: Can't configure 3rd button on mouse

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

> Note on my machine!

I was apparently having brain failure.  I meant "install", not
update.  Brain lock appears to be corrected now.

> Well, I get a grey screen with a large X as the mouse cursor. I can move
> the mouse cursor on the screen, but that's all I get. No mouse clicks
> cause anything new.

Right.  That's the "correct" behavior for a plain old X server running
with no clients.  That means that at least your X server config is
reasonably correct.

> It seems that the normal startup can't find the X symlink, but I can't see
> why not.
>
> Must be time to do a dist-upgrade. Is that pretty safe for woody right
> now? ;-)

Don't know.  I'm always running unstable, so I'm a bad one to ask :>