Re: debian 2.3

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 09:47:05PM -0600, Dwayne C. Litzenberger wrote:
> > ReiserFS as default seems a bad idea to me, but users should be given the
> > choice.
>
> Why?  It's a journalling filesystem that eliminates the need for fsck (really
> annoying for big disks) forever.

its totally broken on big endian archetectures (sparc, powerpc,
m68k).

it has serious filesystem corruption problems recently.

reiserfsck is about as useful as rm -rf /  (just because its
journaling does not mean you don't need a working fsck).

silo (sparc bootloader) and yaboot/quik (powerpc bootloaders) do not
support it yet.

until all of those are fixed its not a good idea to make it default
IMO.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/