Re: a debconf backend db finally...

Joey Hess wrote:
>   # This is our company's global, read-only (for me!) debconf database.
>   Database: company
>   Driver: SQL
>   Server: debconf.foo.com
>   Readonly: 1
>   Username: foo
>   Password: bar
>   # I don't want any passwords that might be floating around in there.
>   Reject-Type: password

It just occurred to me that if I worked in a company that had such a
database, I probably wouldn't trust it much[1], and might want to do
something like:

  Force-Flag-Seen: false

To force debconf to think I have not seen any questions contained in
that db. So I might get the defaults from there, but it doesn't answer
the questions behind my back.

It would also be nice to have:

  Required: 0

So if that db isn't accessable for whatever reason, debconf carrys on anyway.

--
see shy jo