Re: Packages for using kernel 2.4.x with potato

On Wed 14 Feb 2001, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> > > I don't include isdnutils in the first version of my packages because
> > > there are some bugs like #84031 open I prefer to get fixed before I'll add
> > > isdnutils. Are you currently working on a new package or can you allow me
> > > to do a NMU to fix some bugs?

I *am* working on a new version. However, if you want to make a
version specifically for potato-on-kernel-2.4 (which you'll
have to do anyway, as you need to depend on the correct libc6 etc)
then go ahead, but don't upload to unstable. Also use a suitable
version number such as 3.1pre1b-4.potato .

> > ii  isdnutils          3.0-20             ISDN utilities
> >
> > from potato works with normal hisax and capi4linux
> > konfiguration quite well.
> > uname -a
> > Linux server 2.4.0 #1 Sat Jan 6 11:47:12 CET 2001 i486 unknown
>
> I don't know much about this since I don't use ISDN, but
> Documentation/Changes of kernel 2.4.1 says:

> Current Minimal Requirements
> ============================
>
> Upgrade to at *least* these software revisions before thinking you've
> encountered a bug!  If you're unsure what version you're currently

Well, if you don't think you've encountered a bug, don't bother
upgrading :-)

> running, the suggested command should tell you.
> o  isdn4k-utils           3.1pre1                 # isdnctrl 2>&1|grep version

The isdnutils package 3.0-20 in potato has extensive backports of patches
from 3.1pre1 in it.  The only possible gotcha is when using devfs, which
is an optional feature AFAIK.  And the current isdnutils on woody also
has issues with devfs at the moment.

Expect a new isdnutils set next week.

Paul Slootman
--