Re: Creating Packages for partial mirror of testing

Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

>      > Dear all, I've started a partial local mirror of testing.  So
>      > far so good, but now I'm wondering how I would create a
>      > Packages file for the mirror.  Note that the mirror is kept on
>      > a straight potato machine (2.2r2 and security updates as of
>      > today).
>
>      > I know how to do this for stable/potato, but since testing uses
>      > pools I'm ... er, well, a bit in the dark so to say.  Any
>      > clueful folks out here that can shed some light?
>
> You mean you mirror only part of the debs for one architecture?

I mean I only mirror a part of ftp.debian.org and non-us.debian.org :-)

> If so, I would suggest you take the original Packages files and cut
> out the relevant parts and cat them together in a new Packages file.

I guess I could, but that assumes the Packages file is in sync with my
partial mirror.  Right now I'm mirroring semi-automagically (our proxy
ain't playing nice :-()so that is not always the case.

The problem is that with dpkg-scanpackages packages in the pool are
not included in the output.

> If you mirror only some architectures and only testing, testing has
> its own Packages.gz files for each arch, nothing changes there.
> Please use debian-mirror from sid and report any changes you would
> like to see.

Hm, I'd rather keep the mirror machine on stable lest testing/unstable
have a surprise coming up ;-)

--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development