RE: PPP debian Policy?

Hi,

<quote>
Reason I'm ask'in is altho I CAN Dialout as root. and CAN dialout as a Normal
user Via. " wvdial " I CANNOT Dial out with KPPP. ( PPPD Bombs out )
( I CAN dial out with kppp as root )
</quote>

We had a long discussion about this on debian-kde...have you looked on that
list to find out if any of the resolution there fixed your problem?  What
version are you running?   The fact that you stated below:

<quote>
FYI ( I have set KPPP to setuid. and is owned by root and group root. exec
other  Same as wvdial. even added some read/write permisions on the
/etc/ppp/pap,options, *FILES*  And nada......
</quote>

I am assuming your running the potato packages I have up on kde.tdyc.com.  The
reason I say this is that the permissions are definatly wrong on the kppp
binary in that package.  It's fixed for unstable...(or at least AFAIK it is).

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II