Re: ITP: kdict

> > licence: I pondered a bit about it, but it seems to comform
> > to DFSG (opinions?)
>
> >         5. You may charge a reasonable copying fee for any distribution of
> >         this Package. You may charge any fee you choose for support of this
> >         Package. You may not charge a fee for this Package itself. However,
> >         you may distribute this Package in aggregate with other (possibly
> >         commercial) programs as part of a larger (possibly commercial)
> >         software distribution provided that you do not advertise this
> >         Package as a product of your own.
>
>      I don't think this is DFSG free.

why not?  You can do the exact same with Debian...you can sell cd's with
Debian on it...(ie..charge for the media and transport of said media)
you can sell support of Debian...but you can't sell Debian itself...you can
include Debian with other software (on a CD set for example) but you can't
advertise it as your own..

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II