Re: ITP: usbmgr -- user-mode USB kernel modules manager

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 02:55:22PM -0500, Daniel Martin wrote:
> > instead of this, help debian get a proper /sbin/hotplug
> > implementation.  usbmgr is only useful in 2.2 series.  With 2.4
> > kernels, hotplug is the chosen interface and ANY device which can be
> > hotplug'ed falls under its control -- usb, firewire, pcmcia, etc.
[..]
> I for one would like to be able to use USB stuff easily before I go to
> 2.4

2.2.18 uses /sbin/hotplug, speaking from experience.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

acme-cannon (3.1415) unstable; urgency=low

  * Added safety to prevent operator dismemberment, closes: bug #98765,
    bug #98713, #98714.
  * Added manpage. closes: #98725.

  -- Wile E. Coyote <genius@debian.org>  Sun, 31 Jan 1999 07:49:57 -0600