Re: Developer Behavior

Sam Vilain wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:53:00 +0000
> Sam Vilain <sam@vilain.net> wrote:
>
> > On an otherwise nice day,
> > Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> whined:
> > >         debian-devel@lists.debian.org
> > > This was CC'ed to me why, exactly?
> > problem without naming names, or talk to him in private.  Or - define a
> > reasonable way for people to say "X-Poster-preferences:
> > no-cc-on-reply-all" (or something like that) in their mail headers,
>
> Alright, someone just pointed out to me that the following headers
> were set in the mail, which makes Branden's question more justified if
> somewhat difficult for a person new to the list to understand.

> I've never even heard of these before!

I wonder why it doesn't have at least a 'Reply-To', since something like
Netscape Messenger would have a chance of getting it to the list then.
(Other than doing 'Reply All' and cutting out the undesired parts).

E-mails ought to have scripts, that would force the MUA's to do all the
right things!  Well, Outlook has ones that force it to do all the wrong
things.  ;-)