Re: transition from suidmanager to dpkg-statoverride

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> The way this is supposed to work (and the way it has always and
> continues to work) is you run dh_fixperms and either use -X to exclude
> specific suid binaries from processing, or explicitly set the permissions
> you need afterwards. Only then did dh_suidregister run, to register
> those permissions.

  I guess that Lintian will have to be slightly modified to no longer warn
  about setuid/setgid files that it finds within the package.

  So will be the 4.9 section of the Policy Manual.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>

http://jerome.marant.free.fr