Re: lintian warning: shlib-with-non-pic-code

Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

> I have fixed the problem now.
>
> Now the shared library is linked with PIC code and the static library
> is too... While this is a libtool bug, I think this is better then the
> prior situation (of non-PIC code in both the shared libary and static
> library).
>
> lintian doesn't complain any more anyway.

Perhaps a tad late, but care to tell us _how_ you fixed it?  Having the
same prob with a custom (re)rolled package myself.  Doesn't seem to
wreck any havoc, but would like to get rid of the lintian message

--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development