Re: potato late, goals for woody (IMHO)

> I'de say you're a little off on your estimation. We are already making
> woody very bleeding edge, and waiting for gcc3 will be a must for some
> things to happen properly. gcc3 CVS is already being tested for woody
> (in project/experiemental), so it's not as if we don't know what we are
> getting into. We don't even have kernel 2.3.99 in woody yet, so we have
> not idea how it will affect everything.

But we must go for shorter releases! This is very important. One or two
release in two years isn't ok.

We have the 'project' directory (misc or experimental) and we should use
it for such things as newer and untested source/binaries, as gcc3 or
glibc-2.2, ...

Please have always in mind, that we will freeze/release a new version in the
next four months, and not next year or when time comes by or 'we will see'.

MfG,

      Hartmut