Re: SSL and main

On list after list, you harp on this issue like it's the most important
thing on earth...

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 03:16:19AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 10:40:19PM -0400, Greg Stark wrote:
> >
> > RSA was always fine for non-US/main excepting RSARef based packages like
> > ssh-us. The patent was only relevant in the US.
>
> then why is gpg-rsa (not ref) in non-US/non-free ?

1) Because the FTP maintainers are the only ones with the power to move it
2) Because the FTP maintainers are busy
3) Because the package is now completely unncessary
4) Because to understand 3), you need to quit bitching and read the GPG
   changelog

--
G. Branden Robinson             |       What influenced me to atheism was
Debian GNU/Linux                |       reading the Bible cover to cover.