Is anyone packaging `lame' ?

I've consulted WNPP page
(http://www.debian.org/toc/prospective-packages.html) and nothing is
said about lame ("L"ame "A"in't an "M"p3 "E"ncoder).

Also when searching in the Debian Package Database with
http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=lame&searchon=names&version=all&release=all
, I obtain the message "Responses 1-0 of 0 responses shown. No responses
to your query."

A Debian developer from my Faculty has told me that lame has obtained an
ITP (Intention To Package), but I have seen nothing officially from
Debian.

Is lame ready to be included in section `main' ? What's up with the
licence?

Please, send replies to me, not to the list! (I am not a developer: I am
happy by being a user)

--
Conrado Badenas <Conrado.Badenas@uv.es>
PhD student                  | Assistant Lecturer