On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 06:46:11PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> How many times do I have to repeat it.
>
> DEBIAN DOES NOT INLCUDE NON-FREE NOW.

There's no need to yell.  BTW I'm on the list.  So CC'ing me is not required.

> There is NO CHANGE to our distribution by accepting this proposal.
> The change is, at worst, to the archive and a few sources.lists.

A change in the "distribution" is exactly what you are proposing.  By
definition, a "distribution" is the set of packages that we "distribute".  If
we are going to stop "distributing" the packages in non-free, then by
definition, our "distribution" will be changed.

I really can't see what motive you could possibly have for your proposal.
The proposal will make it harder for developers to package "non-free"
software, and harder for our users to use it.  That might be enough to
convince some developers that their time is better spent elsewhere, and it
may convince some users that the shrink-wrap-packaged, all-inclusive distros
are really the way to go instead of going with the technically superior
product that debian is.  Is that what you really want?

--Adam