Re: The lilo problem
On Fri, 19 May 2000, Mike Bilow wrote:
> There really are no perfect solutions. I suggest that, if someone really
> needs this, then the proper thing to do is to make the LARGE_EBDA facility
> either a command line option or a lilo.conf option. Both of these would
> require an upstream change. This is probably not too hard to write and
> provide a complete diff to the upstream maintainer, come to think of it.
It would be great if this is possile.
If this isn't easy I can imagine another possibility: Two lilo
packages. One with support for zImage and the other with support for large
disks (maybe named something like lilo-bigdisk). This isn't a nice
solution, but it could solve the problems and help not to delay potato.
> -- Mike
A "No" uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a
"Yes" merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble.
-- Mahatma Ghandi