Re: apt sources.list

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 01:57:17PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 12:26:58PM +0200, Wouter Hanegraaff wrote:
> > This means that, when potato is declared stable, when people have
> > lines like:
> > deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable  main  contrib non-free
> > in their apt sources.list, will automaticly upgrade to the new stable
> > version if they run apt-get update; apt-get upgrade.
>
> Well, what's wrong with this? We want people to upgrade to the latest stable
> version. :)

Well, considering the smiley I guess you see the problem. A direct
consequence of this problem is bug #57146. Of course we want people to
upgrade to the latest stable version. But having "stable" instead of
"slink" or "potato" in the default sources.list is not the way to do
this, IMHO.

Changing this in potato won't prevent accidental release upgrades for
slink users, but that's no reason not to change this in potato.

Wouter