Re: I don't want to use xterm, why am I forced to use it any way?

Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 05:12:36AM -0500 Branden Robinson wrote:
> I believe all X terminal emulators support a subset of xterm's traditional
> command-line options, including -T and -e.  I wouldn't count on more than
> that being available, though.

gnome-terminal doesn't accept the -T option, and this brokes some calls from
other applications. gnome-terminal is the only terminal emulator i've
installed and use, so, no one is forced to use xterm. no program depends on
xterm, and I solved the problem with netscape or other packages that call
xterm explictly by creating a symlink xterm -> gnome-terminal. But the lack
of -T option remains, though don't know what it means.

--
                        menESIs        (Gediminas Paulauskas)
			a Debian user from Lithuania