Re: I don't want to use xterm, why am I forced to use it any way?

Malcolm Parsons wrote:
> The original post to this thread was about packages that start an xterm
> are using the xterm program directly, instead of using
> /etc/alternatives/x-terminal-emulator.

x-terminal-emulator is not yet an officially recognized virtual package.
There is a policy amendment that is still in process to add it to the list.
It is very unlikely packages are going to be converted to use such a thing
in the middle of the freeze, and before it has been put into the virtual
packages list.

--
see shy jo