Re: ITP: namazu2

kitame@northeye.org (Takuo KITAME / 北目 拓郎) writes:
> I'm NOT saying that "Namazu and Namazu2 are both needed".
> When namazu2 installed in Debian and namazu2 became stable[1], it's
> time to remove namazu.
>
> Why not?

Because it's ugly to have lots of packages with random numbers
appended to their names.

In some cases, perhaps it's unavoidable, but it should be a last resort.

-Miles

p.s. The package itself really ought to deal with things like
     old file formats from previous versions.
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche