Re: ITP: imultimouse (When NM Open)

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 11:49:08AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > iMultiMouse makes multiple mice look like a single mouse. You
> > know it's almost the same feature as gpm's -M mode.
>
> Uh, then why not just use gpm -M?
>
> If imultimouse does things that gpm doesn't, why not patch gpm to support
> what you need?

Unfortunately, gpm does not support for example my rodent (thinkingmouse
protocol), at least not if I want more than two buttons to actually do
something.

If imultimouse will do the same thing directly from X, it's kinda useful.
(I'd rather have gpm support the thinkingmouse protocol, but I couldn't
figure out the portion of the X source (3.3.5 at the time) that controls
it.  Neither could Mercury, the protocol used is _strange_.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                 Debian Linux developer
http://tank.debian.net   GnuPG key  pub 1024D/DCF9DAB3  sub 2048g/3F9C2A43

<Knghtbrd> JHM: I'm not putting quake in the kernel source
<Knghtbrd> but we should put quake in the boot floppies to one-up
           Caldera's tetris game..  ;>