bug in cursor window control - but which package?

There appears to be a strange bug somewhere in unstable Debian, but I
cannot work out what it is, or which package it is in.
Using either bash or tcsh in an xterm or powerwindow window, running
vi or mutt and then exiting vi or mutt normally will sometimes result
in the cursor position not being restored to the correct location in the
window. This leaves the window looking very messy, although easily fixed
by using ^L in the window to clear the screen.

This is clearly not the correct screen behaviour. Both vi and mutt use
libncurses.so.5 - is the fault there? Anyone else having this problem??
I had this problem a while back, but is seemed to go away after a few
package updates, but I have no idea which package was the cause then or
now.

G.

--
Gordon Russell