Re: we need more variation for conffiles

From: Eric Weigel <ericw@bestnet.org>
Subject: Re: we need more variation for conffiles
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 05:29:43 -0500

> This problem really depends on the package, and it should be up to the
> package to fix it or provide instructions, if necessary, probably in
> the postinst.

Yes I agree with you but don't you think that there might be some
cases where it is good if conffiles are replaced by default.
As you just said, I think it depends on the packages.

I do not think that there is a perfect solution that can
handle every situation well, at least it might be difficult
to find such solution, but I only want some better mechanism
of conffiles than the current one.

Thanks in advance,		2000.2.16

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>