we need more variation for conffiles

Hi all,

in the current Debian, if files are registered as conffiles
dpkg asks a user whether to replace the existing files with
new files provided by packages or not at install time and
the default is "not replacing".  But, as you can guess easily,
there are cases in which it is better to replace files by default.

For example, devpts.sh contained the bug but it is conffiles
so if a user answered with only pressing return key then
it is not replaced with the corrected devpts.sh.

So I think that conffiles should be, at least, two kind and

- one is not replaced by default (current conffiles)
- other is replaced by default (new kind of conffiles)

This could be achived with, for example, debian/conffiles and
new debian/conffiles.replace (or debian/conf.replace for short?
I do not care the name at all.)

There might be much more smart way but I think it needs some
modification for conffiles.

Thanks in advance,		2000.2.14

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>