Re: consensus on removing TeX and Emacs from standard

On Feb 12, Dwayne C . Litzenberger wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 01, 2000 at 02:52:59PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> > - ispell accepts both authorize and authorise as correct spelling.  I
> > thought authorize was American spelling...
>
> Irritating isn't it?  ibritish is nothing more than iamerican with some
> Real English words tacked on.  Very annoying when someone like me (a
> Canadian) has to spell check a formal essay, and I can't even get an
> accurate spell checker.

OT: My understanding is that -ize is acceptable in British English,
according to the Oxford English Dictionary.

However, there are plenty of other instances where ibritish does go
wrong (it will probably let you type "aluminum" instead of
"aluminium", for example).

Now, hopefully we can avoid a language flamewar...

Chris
|       Chris Lawrence       |   Your source for almost nothing of value:   |
|  <quango@watervalley.net>  |           http://www.lordsutch.com/          |
|      Debian Developer      |      Are you tired of politics as usual?     |
|   http://www.debian.org/   |              http://www.lp.org/              |