Re: /usr/local again

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 08:40:20 -0500 (EST), Steve Robbins <steve@nyongwa.montreal.qc.ca> was crying out from somewhere
  about: Re: /usr/local again
steve> touch it.  Ever.
steve>
steve> I think the Debian policy ought to be changed.
steve>
steve> In fact, the policy is a bit unclear or perhaps contradictory.  Just above
steve> policy section quoted above, we see:
steve>

I was reading the Debian Packaging manual because I want to
become a maintainer, however, contrary to what I have always believed to
be true, it stated somewhere that a program should create a directory
inside /usr/local under its name.

I found it absurd.

#maybe I was dreaming

Junichi Uekawa, a.k.a. dancer
 a member of the Dept. of Knowledge Engineering and Computer Science,
   Doshisha University.
... I pronounce "Linux" as [Day-bee-enne]