Re: Release-critical Bugreport for February 11, 2000

On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 08:27:39PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 03:15:05AM -0600, BugScan reporter wrote:
> > Maintainer: Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org>
> >   57663  cam: segfaults
>
> Only when you use a really big terminal size. I'll try to debug it
> tonight. I've asked the submitter for permission to downgrade it --
> I think given that it affects only a few users it is not really critical.

Checking with the submitter is usually a good idea, but I don't think
it is necessary to get _permission_ to downgrade a bug.  You're the
maintainer, and evaluating the severity of bugreports is your responsiblity,
not the submitter's.

--
Richard Braakman