Re: What is the licence of Debian-specific files (Was: Intent to package "vibrant" graphical library

Stephane Bortzmeyer writes:
> Note that I do not mention the patches I make to the original files. I refer
> only to the new files added. What is the licence of a Debian package, if the
> original (upstream) licence is Berkeley-style, for instance?

It has two licenses: the upstream author's on his work, and your license on
your work.  IMHO the courteous thing to do is to honor the upstream
author's choice of license.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)