Re: Potato Snapshot

Yep, that's incredibly annoying.  I set up two computers with Potato this last
week (one for me, one for my mom - yes KDE is easy enough for her to use -
especially coming from win3.1 :).  I burned CD-RWs of some CD-images I found on
ftp.ca.debian.org, because I figured it would be faster than downloading the
latest potato stuff over a modem....

Well, I had to switch CDs constantly.  I'd guess I swapped CDs 1 and 2 about
200 times for each machine (OK, actually only for the second - for the first I
hadn't found apt-cdrom or whatever is yet.  For the first I installed the basic
stuff from some slink CDs I have, then put the potato CDs in one by one and did
dist-upgrade a few times).  I think I could probably write a better algorithm
for ordering in about an hour - but I don't know anything about the APT source
code, so someone who works on apt should be able to do it more efficiently than
I could.

Whoever wrote the code for the CD stuff in apt:  please fix it - it's extremely
broken and unusable.

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Matthias Berse wrote: > Hi Folks,