Re: mutt

Quoting Andreas Tille:
> On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Symlink /usr/bin/pine to /usr/bin/mutt, and mention that you've upgraded
> > to the latest version, and that there are some minor interface changes.
> I don't want to offend you and I assume you were joking.

	Joke or no, this is the current /usr/local/bin/pine on
zork.net:

#!/bin/sh

exec mutt -F /usr/doc/mutt/examples/Pine.rc

	...and then pico is symlinked to ae.

	It works well enough that my old pine users (many of them
quite inexperienced with computers) have only needed help figuring out
that they need to type ^X^S^X^C to save and exit.

	They seem to like the threading of mutt and the ruler in ae.

	I think that a pico clone would do a lot to make it go
smoother.  Perhaps some pico keybindings for ae, even.  Many of my
users come in from Macs, and their SSH programs catch the ^S as flow
control.