Re: Problem with the latest potato update

On 30-Sep-99, 07:50 (CDT), Hirling Endre <endre@darmol.elte.hu> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Matthew Vernon wrote:
>
> >  > E: Malformed Priority line
> >  > E: Error occured while processing aleph-dev (NewVersion1)
> >  > The Priority: line is Priority: optionnal
> >  > instead of Priority: optional
> >
> > File a critical bug, if no-one has yet done so.
>
> Against what? aleph? Okay, one bug against aleph, but IMHO an at least
> important bug should be filed against dinstall for not rejecting the
> package and thus letting it to screw the Packages file.

And another against apt for allowing a trivial bug affecting one package
to completely break it (if, in fact, it does -- I haven't tried it). It
should just ignore the affected package(s).

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <vmole@swbell.net>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read