Re: Crazy Idea: debian developer conference

On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 10:05:52PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> I've been thinking about this for a while, but it always seemed like a crazy
> idea. But it seems other people were thinking about it too, and others like
> the idea, so I had better post about it.

I really like this idea. I had the same but I dropped it because I thought we
will never be able to organize it.

Hmm, perhaps we should ask Corel - that would be a cool public relations
stunt. "Corel brings together open source developers from all over the world."
:)

> 		I'm figuring around $700 per developer, for plane fare and
> 		lodging. If 250 attend that's $175k. Plus some unkown amount
> 		to rent out a convention center.

That's a whole bunch. Which companies could we ask for sponsoring?

cu
    Torsten