Re: Censoring :) (was: Re: anarchism_7.7-1.deb)

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 12:05:37AM -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> Why even involve debhelper?  At least in the case of the Project Gutenberg
> files some of which I have, they are just long ascii files so the rules
> file could just stick them into (for example) /usr/share/doc/etexts call
> doc-base and be done with it.  AFAIK all the project Gutenberg files are
> public domain so one generic fill in the blanks copyright file would
> suffice.  Voila you almost instantly have 2000 works containing more than
> a gig of text.
>
> I'd buy  such a CD if it were offered.  And I know plenty of people who
> would too.

Works for me.

Real question is: does anyone care enough to bother?

Alternate question: why do we even have to package up flat text files?
Why can't we just import them into debian in some regular manner?  [I can
see that naming convention is important, but are there any other issues
beyond that? -- I mean, besides the issue of the current implementation
of dpkg.]

--
Raul