[Q] Use gcc272 to compile package for potato?

Hi,

I have gcc (2.95.2-0pre2) and gcc272 (2.7.2.3-12) installed on my potato
machine.  The powertweak package that I recently uploaded (0.1.2-3) was
compiled with gcc 2.95.X   As many of you have noticed, the powertwek inary
compiled with 2.95.X segfaults.

I tried various things (including -fno-strict-aliasing).  All of them
result in a binary with the same problem.  On a whim I compiled with gcc272
and the package works fine without any segfaults.

Here is the question.  Can potato contain binaries compiled with gcc272?

Thanks.

Thaths
--
"What's so special about this game anyway? It's just another chapter in
the pointless rivalry between Springfield and Shelbyville. They built a