Re: Conference! - around the world with Debian

On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 01:39:41AM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 04:26:27PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > Also use of computer in planes is discouraged and prohibited during landfall
> > and takeoff, as it interfer with the onboard radio equipement ...
>
> This is a fiction perpetrated by flight attendants because many of them are
> too dumb to tell the difference between electronic devices that may
> generate significant EMF at 108MHz or a little above and ones that don't.
>
> Hint: if it's got an FCC sticker on it, it's okay.  The FCC is so

Well, this is completely off-topic, but I wouldn't be so sure.
I have plenty of electronic equipment here which generates an awful
lot of interference to my sensitive radio receivers. Switch-mode
power supplies in particular (although passengers won't be using
those on the plane).

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).