Re: Conference! - around the world with Debian

>> > For those of us who attend in multiple countries we could book plane flights
>> > together (hopefully get a good deal), play network Quake in the plane, etc.
>>
>> Then we need a sponsor with a big wallet.

No.  Just some debian developers who can get their own sponsorship to visit a
few countries.

>> Arcording to userfriendly airphones cost 200$ a minute and I can't
>> afford that.

No.  If we have a number of people in the same section of the plane and use
10base2.  Of course most of us have PCMCIA ethernet cards that only do twisted
pair so a battery powered hub might be best.  The 8 port hub on my desk is
small enough to easily carry.  It takes 800ma at 12V (two 6V torch batteries in
series can do that).

>Also use of computer in planes is discouraged and prohibited during landfall
>and takeoff, as it interfer with the onboard radio equipement ...

It's not discouraged during flight except when there is turbulance.  When there
is turbulance you don't want your precious computer out where some git can
spill a drink on it.
The only problem is takeoff and landing.  For the first and last 25 minutes of
a flight they want your computers turned off.  This is a big problem for short
flights!

--
I'm in Utrecht.  I'd like to meet any Linux users in the area, or any other
part of the Netherlands.