Floppy access with noauto and booting

Hi,
does anyone see the same ....

I have this in my /etc/fstab ...
/dev/fd0	/floppy	msdos	defaults,noauto,user	0	2

Although this is "noauto" and the OS should NOT access this device until
told so i see the following on bootup while starting the fsck ...

inserting floppy driver for 2.2.12
Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
FDC 0 is a National Semiconductor PC87306
VFS: Disk change detected on device fd(2,0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 0

I suppose there is a bug in the fsck/e2fsck which probes a device
marked as noauto which is IMHO a bug ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is