Re: anarchism_7.7-1.deb

Mark Brown wrote:

> IIRC, it was this very package that prompted the last discussion about
> setting up a data section.  What came of that?

I got no reponses from the following post to debian-policy two
weeks ago:

 To: debian-policy@lists.debian.org
 Subject: Data section accepted a while ago.  What's next?
 Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 14:42:51 -0400
 From: Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>

 >                            Accepted Amendments
 >
 > Data section (#38902)
 >   * Consensus.
 >   * Proposed on 3 Jun 1999 by Darren O. Benham; seconded by Peter S
 >     Galbraith and Peter Makholm.
 >   * "Since there is interest in packaging census data, maps, genome
 >     data and other huge datasets I and since most people agreed that
 >     dropping them in main or contrib is not a great idea, I propose
 >     the creation of a data section to reside along side of main,
 >     contrib and non-free." Includes rules about what goes in this
 >     section.

 So what now?  The ftp maintainers create the section and we
 start to upload packages for it?
 --
 Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
 Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada