Re: i dont understand something or dpkg is simply buggy

At Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:24:27 +0200 (MET DST),
Vincent Danjean <Vincent.Danjean@ens-lyon.fr> wrote:

> > Previously Raul Miller wrote:
> > > Would it be possible, for this case, for the package to conflict
> > > with the specific versions which are known to cause problems?
> >
> > Unless I'm very mistaken, yes.
> >
> > Wichert.
>
> I've a similar problem. I use Debian-ja and I've the folowing things :
>
> Package: 2utf
> Recommends: man-db (>= 2.3.10-37)
>
> Package: man-db
> Version: 2.3.10-69i
> Replaces: man
> Provides: man
> Conflicts: man
>
> Package: man-db-ja
> Version: 2.3.10-69f.jp0.1
> Replaces: man
> Provides: man
> Conflicts: man
>
> As 2utf only recommends I can force dselect to accept this selection.
> Should I fill a bug report against 2utf ? I'm not sure because man-db-ja
> is not (yet) in Debian (it is in Debian-ja).

I think no.  This problem will be solved.
We are now trying to merge man-db-ja features to man-db cooperated with
Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@debian.org>, so man-db-ja will not be removed soon.
see http://bugs.debian.org/38107

You can get new man-db at
 deb http://www.debian.org/~ukai/deb/man-db ./