Re: sash (was Re: demo vs. real package: FYI (was ...))

On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 02:20:12PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> Also, if you can anticipate any failure modes where sash would damage
> the password file I'd appreciate hearing about them.  It's already
> the case that if sash has any problem writing out the new password
> file that it won't install it.

Here's one (happend to me).  I have a '+' at the end of my /etc/passwd file
for nis.  sash tried to add the new root acccount at teh end of /etc/passwd
AFTER the +.  didn't work.

Greg

--
Greg Johnson                          gjohnson@physics.clarku.edu