Re: ProFTPd being lame

>>>Robert Stone wrote:

 > 	Virtualhosting in proftpd is far easier than with wu-ftpd.  As it
 > stands now, I don't believe any debian ftp server supports virtual anon ftp
 > sites as provided besides proftpd.

Roxen does, at least if you have different IP numbers, I can't get IP-less
vistual hosting to work with ftp sessions. And as a ISP the security issues of
Proftpd shuold be a realy big consern.

 > 	Proftpd also has a config file syntax that less experienced admins
 > find easier to work with (since they've all mucked with apache configs by
 > the time the're dealing with ftp servers).

Roxen has a nice http interface for configuring.

 > 	This software is not essential, but it's certainly not useless.

The suggestion was to move it to contrib allot of the software in contrib are
wery usefull.

/ Balp