Re: Announcing debconf, configuration management for debian

Scott Barker wrote:
> For your information, I understand just fine. As near as I can tell, debconf
> needs to be run in the post-install scripts, because there is not yet any
> functionality within the packaging system to define a separate config script.
> That extra functionality is what I'm looking for, and it will have to be a
> joint effort between debconf and dpkg developers.

Actually, I didn't have to modify dpkg at all to add the config script.

I use some pretty disturbing hacks to make sure the config script is run
even though dpkg doesn't know about it. But luckily all these hacks can be
done away with if/when dpkg is modified to know about the config script.

--
see shy jo