Re: Crazy Idea: debian developer conference

Steve Greenland wrote:
> > If 250 attend that's $175k. Plus some unkown amount to rent out a
> > convention center.
>
> Something you might consider is that colleges and universities often
> rent out dorm rooms in the summer. It wouldn't be plush, of course, but
> you'd probably be able to get a decent choice of facilities, and high
> bandwidth net connections for free or cheap. Speaking for myself, I'd
> gladly stay in a dorm room if that made the event feasible, or made it
> possible more more people to attend.

Uhm, don't forget that in .nl there is only one campus university like the
ones widespread in the USA. And moreover (I currently live on that campus)
there ain't that many free dorm rooms during summer (people tend to stay on
campus during summer)...

But of course that doesn't mean that I really really like the idea of a
developers conference :)

bye,
 -Remco