Re: (g)mc-4.5.38-2 still broken

* Piotr Roszatycki said:

> > Well that won't work will it?
> >
> > Try running this:
> >
> >   cd /tmp; ( cd /etc; pwd );  pwd
>
> No no, it isn't mc script but only function in your ~/.bash_profile or
> global /etc/profile.
Exactly that was the point. The function executes in the context of the
current shell, not in the child shell which is created when a #!/bin/bash
script is invoked.

> I'm afraid many people have some kind of function or aliases related
> to _real_ mc binary and current mc wrapper can broke it.
Yes, I was one of them.

> BTW,
> /usr/bin/mcedit is a symlink to /etc/bin/mc which is an only wrapper.
I'd vote for removal of the wrapper script for three reasons: 1) it's a
bashism, 2) it's a waste of memory, 3) it can be done more elegantly.

marek