Re: Crazy Idea: debian developer conference

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Joseph Carter wrote:

> > > It's a neat idea, and I'd sure like to meet my fellow Debianers, but
> > > I doubt you'll get anybody to pay for it.
> >
> > What about Corel? They're getting a /lot/ from Debian (basing their dist
> > on it), and while I'm sure they're contributing back to Debian, sponsoring
> > such an event would be a wonderful gesture on their part.
>
> If it costs quite as much as it sounds like it's going to, it would
> probably be unreasonable to ask any one source to sponsor the whole thing.
> It might be interesting if they wanted to help sponsor it---and perhaps
> send a couple of their linux people to the thing as well..

Yes, perhaps it would be a bit unreasonable to ask Corel to send *every*
Debian developer somewhere and pay for room and board, etc., I would think
that they would be willing to foot at least part of the bill.

--
Jakob 'sparky' Kaivo - jkaivo@ndn.net - http://www.ndn.net/
"As time goes on, my signature gets shorter and shorter..." - me