Re: ITP: xracer

Joe Drew wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 12, 1999 at 05:21:42PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> > > Yes, Mesa exists in main, which is good, but the Glide-compiled packages
> > > don't, which means no hardware acceleration.
> > > Is there any chance of getting glx in potato?
> >
> > So build against Mesa and GLX...  Let me worry about Glide-enabled Mesa
> > when I get the necessary license issues dealt with.
>
> I've actually built it against glide-enabled Mesa, but it *should* work
> for any Mesa compatible with the version of mesag3 in Potato currently.
> (Which includes, if my concept of Mesa, glx, etc is not totally off, the
> glx modules for TNT2 and g200, neither of which I own.) Before I get
> someone to upload this, though, I do want to test it on a couple boxes
> with different types of Mesa. E-mail me if you'd like to test out xracer
> and you've got a g200 or tnt[2] and the glx acceleration stuff installed.
>
> --

Hmm, well actually I already posted an ITP on september 1st. Only wnpp
didn't pick it up.
See http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-9909/msg00003.html
for it.
Also it was me who submitted the --disable-GL patch upstream for the
purpose of packaging it, so I'd really like to keep it. Only thing is
I'm not officially a developer yet (waiting to get the application done,
as many are... ;-)
I already had preliminary packages available at the time of my ITP, but
haven't put them somewhere since the last three upstream versions seem
to be broken.
Filip Van Raemdonck
        mechanix@digibel.org

member of the fibo-systeam