Re: APRIS GNU/LINUX EXPO UPDATES. (need debian Logo).

Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Frederic CELLA wrote:
> > can i send to them ? (this one the fisrt page of www.debian.org)
>
> The webpage has a postscript version of the logo iirc. This should make
> it trivial for them to produce a 300dpi logo (or whatever other
> resolution they desire).

Speaking of the open use logo, was it intentional or an unintentional
artifact of the conversion from EPS to xfig that changed the shape of the
letters and the logo itself? I find that raul's original logos seem to
have much nicer shapes, particularly that of the Swirl itself. The xfig
conversions have a strange bulge in the lower-left quadraint, and the
letters have more quared-off corners to them.

For example, compare http://www.debian.org/logos/ with
http://dusknet.dhis.org/~deek/debian/ -- In the latter page, the letters
were converted from Raul's EPS to Gimp XCF directly.

Note: The color change to the darker red was my doing, but nothing else
has been changed -- I still have original-colored pristine EPS and XCF
sources, if anyone wants them.