Re: /opt/ again (was Re: FreeBSD-like approach for Debian? [was: ...])

* Steve Lamb said:
> > or /usr/opt, you are implicitly violating the license, since computer Baz
> > has the same /usr tree as Bar. But, when opt is at /opt, it is not shared
> > and such hassles can be avoided (of course, it can be even more easily
> > avoided by staying away from non-free software, but then that would
> > eliminate any need for /opt).
>
>     Thank you for finally providing a very good reason for a new top level
> domain.  About the only thing missing, IMHO, is a specific cite from the FHS
> (section number would be good) but I'll take your word for it.
Well, you finally admitted you haven't read the standard. Then go and do it.
IT seems to be your habit to rant and flame without having any *TECHNICAL*
(your another favorite expression) bacground on the subject. RTFM, kid.

marek