Re: building kernel 2.0.x under potato

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, John Lapeyre wrote:

>    Is it possible to build 2.0.x kernels under a reasonable
> potato build environment ?  I tried "make CC=gcc272", but
> I still get failures from the assembler, I think.

Erm, yeah, I had no problems as I remember.  Just apply the
patches mentioned at <http://egcs.cygnus.com/faq.html/#linuxkernel>,
and you should be fine.  Alternatively (it *should* work if
binutils is sane, and you're pointing at the right gcc),
post the question to one of the egcs lists, and you should
get a quick response.

--
Chris <chris@fluff.org>                         ( http://www.fluff.org/chris )