Re: Crazy Idea: debian developer conference

On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 10:05:52PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Is this idea worth pursuing?

If you're crazy enough to pursue it, I'd be crazy enough to go to it.  I'm
almost positive my instructors would all believe it's a very good thing
and be happy to give me assignments ahead of time or whatnot to allow me
to not get behind---that's my current Big Issue.

Still, it seems like an awful lot of money to be spending on something
like this.  How long of a convention are you considering?  For $700 apiece
I'm guessing it probably couldn't be more than a couple of days unless we
start cramming developers in rooms at about 4 to a room or so---not
TOTALLY unreasonable.

Of course your number was for 250 developers at $700 apiece---I know I
certainly would not need $700 in order to attend something in the bay
area and I'm guessing a number of people would have similar situations.

It'd be kinda nifty to do it in .nl simply because the most foriegn of a
country I've seen is ... Utah.  Seriously, I have been into Vancouver and
Victoria, BC at least.  =>

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>             Debian GNU/Linux developer
GnuPG: 2048g/3F9C2A43 - 20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3